Friday, February 13, 2009

This dinner sucks!

I thought the meal was quite tasty. My children did not agree, and being my children, took no pains to hide their disgust (Audrey) and disinterest (Claire). Such is my life, battered about by the whims of my progeny. In truth, I was pretty amused by the whole thing and quick to assert my authority as the one who cooks and the one who can say "Well, that's your dinner, and if you don't eat it you are just going to be hungry." But I never really let them go hungry. I'm sure I made them popcorn about an hour later, so who's really in charge here?

Audrey is gagging down her "three bites!" and Claire is looking for the spoonfulls she has actually dumped down her shirt.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello guys!!
Here is a shout out from norcal!! I have truly been wanting to get in touch with you before now. I couldn't find your blog without a little help. I can't believe you have a 5-year-old!! Cute girls... It seems like kids nowadays are more and more picky aren't they?
Take care,
Andrea Spalding
(yeah, I'm a relative) grin
ps Feel free to email, if you get a second or two. :)