Monday, February 1, 2010

Mary Poppins!



We took Audrey to see Mary Poppins at the Ahmanson Theater in LA during January. It was a great show. Claire stayed home with Nanie and the three of us drove helter skelter and just barely made it into the theater on time. We really enjoyed the production - especially when Mary flew over us during the last scene. I almost cried. Audrey loved it and we are now in preparations to perform our own version of the play here at home. Audrey has most of the good parts - Mrs. Banks and Mary. Mark is Bert and Jane, I am Michael, and Claire is the director.



We ran around the fountains a little after the show. I had very happy flashbacks of seeing The Phantom of the Opera at the Ahmanson when I was about 19 - with Chad and Rachael and a few friends - and Rachael and I ran through the fountains in our heels and dresses while 25 plus people looked on and cheered, and Chad disapproved intensely, but we didn't get wet. I tried to recreate the moment and it was pretty fun, but I did get wet. I've chosen not to share that photo.



We loved the show and wish we could see it again. Another really happy memory at the Ahmanson!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We just had Avery watching the movie! She loved it. Wish we were closer and could have gone with you!