Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My concert

If you live nearby, here are the details on Torrance Civic Chorale performances - I'm in the group. If you like this kind of thing it's going to be beautiful. We are also singing at the Torrance Memorial Festival of Trees on Dec. 4 at 2 pm.

The Torrance Civic Chorale honors the 325th Anniversary of Johann Sebastian Bach’s birthday with concerts Friday, December 10th and Saturday, December 11th at 8:00 PM in the James R. Armstrong Theatre in Torrance, California. Featured vocalists and the Chorale bring to the concert stage favorites such as, “Sheep May Safely Graze,” and “Jesu Joy of Man’s desiring” along with numerous other Bach compositions. In addition, five of John Rutter’s best for Christmas will balance the various Baroque Bachian sounds. Other seasonal Hanukkah and December favorites are also featured with selected soloists.

The 500 seat James R. Armstrong Theatre is located on the campus of the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Drive, Torrance, CA 90503. Theatre Box Office is (310) 781-7171. Reserved seating is $14.00 plus $2.50 theatre handling fee.

2 comments:

Barbara Matthews said...

I so wish I could come! We need to catch up - call me if you get a chance!

I sent you a birth announcement and wanted to let you know it was from me, since I'm not sure if you'll recognize my last name.

Love ya,
Barb (Miller/Vineyard) Matthews

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

Barb - a BABY! I don't know where your number is! Congrats!