A couple of weeks ago I got up with the girls and instead of throwing cereal and milk at them I told them to get their shoes and coats on and come with me for an adventure. They weren't sure they wanted to leave their toys and the predictability of Saturday morning at home, but I convinced them, and we got out the door without waking up Mark. We stopped by McDonald's and bought a few McMuffins and OJ and then drove to the beach. Rain was in the forecast, but there were only a few clouds in the sky. We played tag and dug in the sand and the girls traversed the new sitting wall. The sky was such a beautiful blue and the waves were turning over like machinery - sleek and silver - and crashing so loud. You can see a few of them behind the girls. They had so much fun and maybe next time they will hop to when I say we're going out for an adventure. The rain did come and I was so glad we'd filled up on sunshine before it did.
What a cool mom! To think I miss out on that Saturday morning beach potential all the time. I will see Sat. mornings with new eyes! The girls looks adorable, by the way.
1 comment:
What a cool mom! To think I miss out on that Saturday morning beach potential all the time. I will see Sat. mornings with new eyes! The girls looks adorable, by the way.
Post a Comment