Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mommy at 6 pm


Here's what I look like at the end of a long day in mommyland. Notice the scraggly hair and dazed expression. What you can't see is the jumble of toys, crackers, cheerios, books, and rejected clothing that's piled knee-high all around me. I hear these are the best times of my life - but that's only from people whose children are all grown and wiping their own bottoms, as well is living on their own and holding down jobs, etc. But, yes, it's true, these are good times, despite my being in charge of the bowel movements of two people other than myself. No, really, these are the good times, but being a mom is hard! I love my kids like crazy - and I go a little crazy trying to keep up with them. Melissa

3 comments:

nikki said...

The Mommy trenches - that's for sure what this time of our lives are! It is so hard and so overwhelming on so many days and yet utterly amazing all at the same time. We had no idea, did we?

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh. You have unleashed the wit and sarcasm I have been waiting anxiously and fervishly hoping for! LOVE IT! I am still laughing out loud!

Unknown said...

I FEEL your pain! I know it is SOOOO hard; been there done that. Trust me, though, it gets EASIER. Here, one kid does the dishes every day, the other folds and puts away laundry, another has to clean bathrooms and dust...everyday! Just wait 'til they are old enough to do chores; your life will get so much easier! ...now if only they could plan and make dinner too...Shel