Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quote of the day

Audrey attends Good Shephered Lutheran preschool where she does crafts, gets dirty, has a snack and attends chapel every week. She learns lots of songs and stories about Jesus and they have inspired her to include Jesus in her make-believe play. We came home after school today and while I was making lunch I heard shrieking and grunting coming from Audrey's room. The commotion escalated to a fit of screaming and tears and I finally intervened:
"Audrey! What is the problem?"
Her aggravated reply:
"I'M LOOKING FOR JESUS!"


Editor's note: For those who wonder how I replied, I could only mutter, under my breath, "Aren't we all, Audrey? Aren't we all?" Then I laughed hysterically. Then I told her to quit the screaming or she was going to get a time out. MBS

3 comments:

Silly Teacher said...

That's awesome...I love what kids say..btw regarding testimony meeting..I actually look forward to fast sunday for the sheer entertainment value but then at times I am probably chastized when someone does a pure testimony (two seconds of just the "facts"-no story, no travelogue, no building oneself up, etc etc. :)

TM CLAN said...

Did you tell her, he's outside the door knocking? My son says Jesus gave him super powers and he is now a wizard. And some people say children are more connected to divinity than we are...I want super powers. Let me know when your daughter finds Him.

Unknown said...

Did you tell her, "Seek and ye shall find"? LOL...I remember one of our kids playing once; reenacting the crucifixion, etc. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I know playing is how they learn and so on but it somehow seemed wrong to have one of their action figures being crucified as Jesus.