.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Don't be fooled by these cute pictures. I took the girls to Disneyland on the last day before our passes were blocked out for the summer and it was the most hideous day at Disneyland I have ever experienced. The heat and the crowds were tough but we would have been OK if my kids had not formed some secret and devious pact to visit every bathroom in the entire park during our short visit on a 15 minute rotation. They never had to go to the bathroom at the same time, there was a major "accident" not involving the most recently potty-trained of the two, and by the time we'd been there two hours I was hoping I'd suffer a heat stroke so I could pass out. Then, I imagined, I could luxuriate in unconsciousness for a few minutes, the people at the park would have to watch my kids while I recovered, and Mark would have to come and get us. But I did not faint and I could not leave, because I'm stubborn that way, and I did not want to face 5 pm rush hour traffic. Oh, I know I'm like a celebrity complaining about the price of fame, we are really spoiled with our Disneyland passes, but I'm griping anyway. So we trudged along, experienced hunger and thirst on a familiar 15 minute interval and watched the parade - and then left. I'm not sure my kids will ever think of Disneyland as a happy place again. Much family therapy to come - maybe Mickey will have to attend.
1 comment:
I agree that Disneyland can be a nightmare! Loved your comments!
Post a Comment