Our Thanksgiving pictures are pretty dull so it's a good thing I still have Halloween to share. This year Audrey was a vampire; Claire a candy corn witch; I was an angel (no stretch, I play that role every day); and Mark was a devil. Both of my kids chose a costume I would not chosen for them, but then they can't be princesses and ladybugs forever. They were both very happy with what they got. I was happy, too, but still amazed by the high cost of a badly-sewn costume made from the cheapest material known to man. Don't worry - I didn't say that to the kids.
We carved our pumpkins - grown and donated from a community garden friend; went to the school parade; and trick or treated far and wide. Mark and I both noticed a change from years past. All Audrey wanted to
do was lose us - and she was successful. We're not sure where she went
with John and Lisandro - and that sounds pretty bad when I put it into
words - but she got home allright and was totally ecstatic. Claire was
happy to stay with us, and for that we were grateful. We're not ready to be obsolete. It being a school
night we only stayed out 'til 8, but I say we stopped just in time. The
kids get about one piece a day, but Mark and I eat unchecked quantities, and
there is still a ton left.
.jpg) |
| Audrey with her class |
.jpg) |
| Claire with Jedi and good friend Jason |
.jpg) |
| Not a good shot of my wings |
.jpg) |
All of us reacting to Audrey tripping over one of the lit pumpkins nearly catching her
highly-flamable costume on fire. The camera was set to timer. |
.jpg) |
| Phew, no burning clothes |
.jpg) |
| Happy and full of chocolate |
.jpg) |
| Happy, tired and full of chocolate |
No comments:
Post a Comment