Thursday, December 19, 2013

Great Big Giant Satin

We did our annual wedding dress photo shoot in October this year, even though it's supposed to happen in July. But at least we did it! I think one of the many tough things about being a mom is keeping up with traditions. They are important, but end up being peripheral when life gets busy, at least for me - I tend to focus on basic needs and ignore everything else when my to do list gets horribly long.

My girls cooperated this year, but complained a lot about one very unromantic thing about my dress: it smells funny. It does, and I don't know why, but I am guessing it's the plastic bag the dress is stuffed into year round, leaking its funny fake smell into the fabric. But we pressed on, ignored the bad lighting, and got it done quickly.

I don't have dreams of them wearing this dress when they get married, but I love to see them in it. I wore it that special day and my girls were nowhere to be seen - so I like connecting the dots this way.







No comments: