(Those are shorts, not her underwear.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
First grade is definitely an easier transition than kindergarten. There was much less crying this year. We walked to school with Audrey's best little friend Angelina, who is, sadly, not in our class again but, they made a plan to meet at the monkey bars.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Audrey was nervous, for sure, but felt a lot better when she saw so many kids she knew in her class. Her teachers, Mrs. Amin-Smith and Mrs. Bagley (team teachers) did not give us more than 10 minutes to take pictures and say goodbye and then we were dismissed. Audrey still looked nervous, but she waved and went back to her drawing.
Claire cried then because she wanted to go to school like Audrey. She was out of sorts most of the day, missing her sister. I wasn't sure what to do myself, but it's all coming back to me.
After school Audrey was happy to see us, asked if I could homeschool her, (NO!) and then told me how great her day had been. I'm not sure what was going on in her head, but I think she thinks if I homeschool her she just gets to stay home from school. She said "The playground is awesome!" and that recess, lunch and her teacher were all fine. We are 5 days in now and it's going well.
1 comment:
I love seeing all the pictures! I can't believe they are in first grade. Matty feels just as lost when Avery is gone! Avery would love to play soccer I just can't get it together enough to enroll her. Plus we keep moving so I can't keep track!
Post a Comment