Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Deep thoughts

So far today:

1. What is going on with this apocalyptic weather? It must be the apocalypse.
2. I did a pretty good job trimming Claire's hair with safety scissors.
3. I can never drink carrot juice without thinking of my dad, who makes his own and is always glad to share. Carrot juice is delicious and disgusting at the same time - just like some other things my dad enjoys: near beer, buttermilk, plain yogurt, etc. I bought some carrot juice today because it sounded so good and it was good. I gave some to Claire and she loved it but didn't want seconds. I think she understands.
4. I was phoning in my parental duties this morning and got called on it (good pun there) by my 3 year old. She was trying to show me something and I was saying "Yes," "Uhm hum," and "I see," whenever needed but not really paying attention. So she said to me "I didn't know you could see without looking." Quite profound.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love it! Thanks for the morning laughs!