We have been enjoying the girls' bathroom for quite a few weeks now, but here are some pictures, finally, of the finished remodel. We still need to hang a couple of pictures, and buy a shower rod and have it installed, but because Audrey and Claire don't like to shower, we are going to wait. It was sad to see the old tub go - but it was original to the house (1950) and was a little stained and horribly slick. I originally chose blue for the "accent" wall, but when we started painting it on it looked terrible, and I cried for an hour, so we went back to Home Depot in search of another color. Pink is way outside our normal territory for home decor, but there it is, and we like it. I'm glad it's finished and I will certainly be more prepared next time we do any major work on our house.
The worst moment of our bathroom remodel - the day, a month into the process, when the pivotal custom-ordered corner tile piece for the pony wall arrived, it having been re-ordered once already because the glazing was defective, causing a 4-day delay in the project, and I picked it up, brought it home and triumphantly handed it to our tile guy, who looked it over calmly and said "This is the wrong corner."
The best moment of our bathroom remodel, besides the moment when Bryan, the hardworking plumber/tiler who did most of the work, packed up his things and said "everything works" - the day Bryan cut through the floor boards to do some plumbing under the house and Audrey spied his back and the top of his head bobbing up and down and said "Guys, I think there's some kind of animal in the bathroom" or something like that - we all had a good laugh, including Bryan.
It's good to be done.






2 comments:
It looks fantastic!
It looks beautiful and I love the pink!
Post a Comment